|Mon||9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.|
|Tue||9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.|
|Thu||9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.|
|Fri||9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.|
|Sat||9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.|
Rules for Using the Center’s Roll-off Container
The Center’s roll-off container is offered as a convenience to Hancock residents to dispose of household items that accumulate over time or are no longer needed. Our size and budget limit the amount of materials that we can accept. The SWA is not a waste hauler. We provide the roll-off as a convenience for county residents who subscribe to garbage service for their cleanup projects. In order to offer this service, we ask that you adhere to the following rules:
- Hancock County residents only. A valid photo ID and paid garbage receipt is required.
- No household garbage or food wastes are accepted.
- No yard waste, logs, branches, railroad ties are permitted.
- Recyclables must be separated.
- Hazardous materials are not accepted.
- Businesses, including municipal entities, contractors, or haulers are prohibited from using the roll-off.
- Dump trucks, large loads, box trucks, multiple loads, and trailers are not permitted.
Our attendant is responsible for determining what materials are acceptable. Your cooperation is appreciated. Failure to follow the above rules will result in your loss of privileges. Call the center at (304) 459-3269 to check roll-off availability.
If you have large or multiple loads, the Brooke County Landfill is the proper facility to use. We also suggest contacting your waste hauler for a roll-off rental for large cleanup projects.