In your county, applications for a passport and/or passport card may be made in the Office of the Circuit Clerk. Applicants will need a completed passport application and proof of US Citizenship, either in the form of an old passport or a certified copy of a birth certificate, One (1) recent passport photograph and the required fees. Passport Cards can only be used for land and sea travel, for air travel you must have a passport book.
Passports generally take four (4) to six (6) weeks to process; if you need your passport sooner (within 2 to 3 weeks) then you will also need to include the Expedite Fee of $60.00 with your check or money order to the US Department of State. You can also have your passport returned to you by overnight delivery service for an additional fee of $12.72.
Photograph requirements are listed on the back of the application. Applications for passports are available in the Office of the Circuit Clerk or online at www.travel.state.gov. If you have special concerns or requirements regarding your passport, please visit the US Department of State website to ensure you have all proper documentation.
We are an Acceptance Agent only, passports and birth certificates are mailed directly to you from the Department of State.
Two separate fees are required.
AGE 16 AND OVER: $110.00 check or money order payable to the US Department of State for a passport book. $30.00 check or money order payable to the US Department of State for a passport card. $25.00 cash, money order or credit card to the Circuit Clerk for processing the application.
UNDER AGE 16: $80.00 check or money order payable to the US Department of State for a passport book. $15.00 check or money order payable to the US Department of State for a passport card. $25.00 cash, money order or credit card to the Circuit Clerk for processing the application.
All persons applying for a passport must be present (including children) to apply.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION FOR A PASSPORT
- Certified or raised seal copy of your Birth Certificate (cannot be laminated)
- Driver’s license or government issued photo ID
- (If you have an out of state license, you will need a 2nd form of identification - acceptable forms would be: school/college ID, work ID, SS card, Health Ins. Card)
- $25.00 processing fee
- One (1) passport photo (see requirements on the back of the application)
- Age 16 and older - $110.00 check or money order payable to the US Department of State
- Under age 16 - $80.00 check or money order payable to the US Department of State
- Under the age of 14 - both parents must be present to sign when the application is processed. If one parent is unable to be present, a notarized consent form must be signed and attached to the application. If the absent parent is unable to sign the consent form, evidence of sole legal custody of the child is required.