Acceptable items for Recycling include
- Aluminum, steel and bi-metal food and beverage cans.
- The following plastic materials:
- No. 1 (PET) clear containers for soft drinks and bottled water.
- No. 2 (HDPE) colored or translucent containers for milk, juice, and household chemicals.
- No. 3 (V) plastic tubing, insulation, siding and PVC pipe.
- No. 4 (LDPE) plastic film, dry cleaning bags, bread bags, and plastic bags.
- No. 5 (PP) catsup bottles, yogurt containers, margarine tubs, medicine bottles.
- No. 6 (PS) protective packaging, food containers.
- No. 7 (Other) combination of resins.
- The following paper products - newspaper, magazines, catalogs, shredded paper, office paper, copy paper, coated paper, file folders, envelopes, greeting cards, mail inserts, telephone books, paperback books, and hard back books with covers removed.
- Corrugated cardboard (folded).
- Glass jars and bottles (clear, green and brown)
- Electronic items (VCRs, computers, TV's, telephones, microwaves, radios, stereos, etc.)
- Used motor oil/oil filters/antifreeze (Container size is limited to 1 gallon or less, no drums or large buckets will be accepted).
- Scrap metal
- Car (lead acid) batteries
- Passenger car tires (removed from rim).
- Appliances- washers, dryers, refrigerators, freezers and stoves
Cans, bottles and containers should be washed and free of food residuals.