We're on top of the State!
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Vote in a scheduled election if you meet the following criteria:
- You are a U.S. citizen and West Virginia resident;
- You will be 18 years old by the time of the general or special election;
- You are not currently serving a sentence, on probation or on parole for a felony conviction, bribery in an election or treason;
- You have not been determined to be mentally incompetent by a court of competent jurisdiction unless this determination is no longer in effect;
- You live within the precinct where the election is being held;
- You are registered to vote in the county at least 21 days before the election.
- Cast your ballot in a non-disruptive atmosphere free of interference.
- Vote if you are in line by 7:30 pm on Election Day.
- Request assistance in voting, if needed.
- Protect the secrecy of your ballot.
- Receive a new ballot if you make a mistake or change your mind before you cast your ballot.
- Have your ballot counted fairly and accurately.
- Request, receive and vote a provisional ballot if there is any question about your eligibility to vote and find out whether your vote was counted.
- Have complaints about elections and election contests resolved fairly, accurately, and efficiently.
- Have non-discriminatory, equal access to the voting process.
- Choose not to vote in an election. You will not be penalized.
- Skip races on your ballot. You are not required to vote in every contest. Blank sections on your ballot will not affect any of the other votes you have cast.