How to Register to Vote
To register to vote in Hancock County, please use one of the following options.
Visit our office with one of the following forms of identification to recieve your card the same day
- Valid WV Driver's Licence
- An official WV photo ID, with current residence and birth date.
Visit our office with one of the following forms of identification to recieve your card in 10 days
- A current utility bill.
- A current bank statement.
- A Government or payroll check.
- Other official government document with current name and address.
You will need to bring identification to the polls the first time you vote
Visit https://ovr.sos.wv.gov/Register and follow instructions
Voters who are already registered here but need to update address, name, or make other changes must bring in proof of new address or name change. If these are not available, we take your information and put the new card in a 10 day Pending file and mail a postcard for verification. After the pending period, your new, updated card is mailed to you.